This Mango Pico De Gallo is made with fresh mango, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and a splash of lime juice. It is simple to make and so tasty!
I recently decided to give my Classic Pico De Gallo a summery spin with the addition of a fresh, juicy mango. The results? Spectacular! My family loves fresh salsa, and this refreshing appetizer was gone within minutes!
Not only is Mango Pico De Gallo great for dipping, but is fantastic to serve with your favorite Mexican food, such as tacos, flautas, or a Burrito Bowl!
Oh, and did I mention it’s healthy? This recipe is packed full of potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber! What’s not to love?
Ingredients you will need
Tomatoes – Fresh tomatoes are used for this recipe, any type will do!
Mango – Choose a ripe mango (any color, soft, and with a fruity aroma at the stem).
Red Onion – I prefer to use a red onion because it adds some nice color and is loaded with antioxidants.
Jalapeno – So long as you remove the seeds, a jalapeno is quite mild. Want to spice things up? A serrano pepper is five times hotter than a jalapeno and can be easily substituted!
Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is a must and gives this salsa it’s insane flavor.
Lime Juice – Again, fresh is best!
How to Prepare
I wasn’t kidding when I said that this recipe was simple to make. All you need to do is juice your lime, chop your veggies, and then combine the ingredients together – simple!
Absolutely! In fact, the flavors tend to intensify the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
In my household, it is gone it one sitting! 😀 However, you may store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
More recipes featuring some of my favorite fruits!
- Grilled Pineapple
- Banana Nut Smoothie
- Coconut Lime Scones
- Watermelon Nice Cream
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Superfood Salad with Kale and Blueberries
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping
- Green Smoothie with Spinach, Mango and Banana
- Healthy Peach Crisp with Oat Topping and Pecans
Mango Pico De Gallo
- 2 cups Fresh Tomato chopped
- 1 Fresh Mango chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- Chop the mango, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Juice the lime.
- Combine the ingredients together, and serve!
- Fresh ingredients make this recipe amazing, so be sure to use fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- This recipe may be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. In fact, the flavors tend to intensify the longer it sits.