Refreshing and delicious, this Green Smoothie with Spinach, Mango & Banana is packed full of nutrients and is great for breakfast or as a snack!
Smoothies are so easy to make and can be super healthy if you use the right ingredients. This recipe makes a single 10 ounce smoothie which provides 3 whole servings of fruits and vegetables ✅ ✅ ✅ AND it contains over 100% of the RDI for both vitamins A & C. And as if that wasn't enough, it is also a good source of potassium and contains a whopping 6 grams of fiber! SO, SO NUTRITIOUS!!
Ingredients used to make this Green Smoothie
SPINACH - Fresh baby spinach leaves give this smoothie a mild earthy flavor. If you don't want to taste the greens, consider using romaine lettuce. Want to be more adventurous? Try using Swiss chard, collard greens, bok choy, or kale.
MANGO - I always have a bag of frozen mango chunks in my freezer, so I can whip up a smoothie anytime. They keep the smoothie nice and cold with no need for ice! No mangos on hand? Feel free to substitute frozen peaches or pineapple!
BANANA - Use a small banana or half of a large banana for this recipe. Fresh or frozen, both work great! Wondering how to freeze bananas? Simply peel any ripe bananas you have on hand, cut into chunks, and store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
WATER - Yep, just plain 'ole water. 😀 You could use any type of milk or coconut water, but I'm keeping it simple.
FLAXSEED, CHIA SEEDS, and/or HEMP HEARTS - For an additional boost of nutrition add a teaspoon for some healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber.
To make this smoothie, simply add all of the above ingredients in the order listed above into a blender. Blend for one minute or until smooth, and then serve immediately. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! You may also want to try my Banana Nut Smoothie which is also fantastic!
Mmm, mmm, good!
For more delicious recipes and healthy inspiration, join the Hoorah to Health Community on
Green Smoothie with Spinach, Mango & Banana
- 1 cup Spinach fresh
- 1 cup Mango frozen
- 1 small Ripe Banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Flaxseed, Chia Seeds, and/or Hemp Hearts optional
- Add all of the above ingredients into a blender in the order listed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- May substitute romaine lettuce, Swiss chard, collard greens, bok choy, kale, or any other leafy green vegetable for the spinach.
- May substitute frozen peaches or pineapple for the mango.
- Use a small banana or half of a large banana for this recipe. Fresh or frozen, both work great! Wondering how to freeze bananas? Simply peel any ripe bananas you have on hand, cut into chunks, and store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- May substitute any type of milk or coconut water for the water.
- Want to make more than one smoothie? Click 2x or 3x on the recipe card.