This Vegan Chickpea Salad is healthy, colorful, and so full of flavor! It's easy to make and is the perfect dish to bring to potlucks or your next summer BBQ.
I am a total lover of chickpeas! They are inexpensive, versatile, and super nutritious. I'm talking protein, fiber, folate, iron, zinc, and magnesium. What's not to love?
- Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) - 2 cans are used in this recipe.
- Edamame (pronounced eh·duh·maa·may) - are immature soybeans that can be found alongside frozen vegetables at your supermarket.
- Fresh Vegetables - Scallions, carrots and bell peppers give this salad some added crunch and a whole lot of vitamins.
- Dried Cranberries - provide some sweetness to this salad and are an excellent source of fiber.
- EVOO - use a good quality extra-virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Balsamic Vinegar - adds some lovely flavor and tang to this salad.
- Spices - cumin, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper add some bold flavor.
This salad is super easy to make and is ready in just 15 minutes!
Simply slice, chop, and grate the vegetables, and mix all ingredients together!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely! In fact, I'd recommend that you let the salad sit in the refrigerator overnight to let all flavors infuse.
This recipe makes six 1 cup servings. Perfect for meal prepping lunches for the week!
Place this vegan chickpea salad in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a rating and comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
More Vegan Lunch Recipes
Vegan Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 2 cans Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Edamame thawed
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- ¼ cup Scallions thinly sliced
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ¾ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerator overnight for best flavor.
- Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans.
- Edamame can be found alongside the frozen vegetables at your supermarket.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.