This Strawberry Spinach Salad is topped with goat cheese and pine nuts, and is drizzled with a lime vinaigrette dressing for some added zing. It is insanely delicious and easy to make!
One of the things I look forward to most in June, aside from the warmer weather, is strawberry picking! Just look at those sweet, scrumptious berries -yum! My family tends to eat them like candy, and they are gone before you know it! They sure do make a refreshing and juicy addition to a summer salad.
Did you know that strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C? In fact, just one serving of this strawberry spinach salad provides over two times your daily requirement of vitamin C! What better way to stay healthy.
how to make
This strawberry spinach salad is super easy to make! Simply assemble all of your ingredients!
I like to toast my pine nuts for some incredible flavor! Add them to a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook until golden brown. Transfer them to a paper towel and let cool.
To make the dressing, squeeze the juice of one lime to a small container with a lid. Add 3 tablespoon of olive oil and spices. Shake well, and then drizzle over the salad.
Feta would work very well in this salad.
Yes! But don't add the dressing until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a rating and comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
More healthy salads you are sure to love-
- Eech (Armenian Bulgar Salad)
- Superfood Salad with Kale & Blueberries
- Zesty Quinoa Salad with Lemon & Cumin
- Broccoli Crunch Salad with Apples & Almonds
- Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic & Dill
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts & Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 10oz pkg Baby Spinach fresh
- 1 quart Strawberries fresh, sliced
- ½ cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces pine nuts about ½ cup
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil divided
- 1 Lime about 3 tablespoon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the pine nuts and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer pine nuts onto a paper towel and let cool.
- Place spinach into a medium bowl or onto serving plates. Top with strawberries, goat cheese, and pine nuts.
- Squeeze the juice out of 1 lime and add to a small container with lid.
- Add 3 tablespoon olive oil and spices. Shake well and then drizzle over the salad.
- I prefer to use a mild flavored olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil tends to over power the taste of the lime juice.
- You may substitute feta cheese if you prefer.
- Add the dressing just prior to serving to keep the spinach fresh.