One of the things I look forward to most in June, aside from the warmer weather, is strawberry picking! Just look at those sweet, scrumptious berries -yum! My family tends to eat them like candy, and they are gone before you know it! They sure do make a refreshing and juicy addition to a summer salad.
My strawberry spinach salad is super easy to make and is insanely delicious! Not to mention, packed full of good nutrition. It makes for a great dish to bring to a summer cookout. Don’t like goat cheese? Substitute feta! I am in love with pine nuts and could add them to just about any dish. They go lovely with this salad and add some mouthwatering crunch. Drizzling this salad with some lime vinaigrette gives it a little added zing!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lime Vinegrette
- 1 10oz pkg Baby Spinach fresh
- 1 quart Strawberries fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces pine nuts about 1/2 cup
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lime about 3 Tbsp juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the pine nuts and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer pine nuts onto a paper towel and let cool.
- Place spinach into a medium bowl or onto serving plates. Top with strawberries, goat cheese, and pine nuts.
- Squeeze the juice out of 1 lime and add to a small container with lid.
- Add 3 Tbsp olive oil and spices. Shake well and then drizzle over the salad.
- I prefer to use a mild flavored olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil tends to over power the taste of the lime juice.
- Add the dressing just prior to serving to keep the spinach fresh.
Did you try this salad?
Leave a comment and let me know how you liked it!
Other recipes you may enjoy: