This Broccoli Crunch Salad with Apples and Almonds is tossed together with a light dressing and is ready in just 15 minutes!
Looking to add more fruits and vegetables to your diet? This is the perfect salad which is not only healthy, but delicious too!
Just one serving provides over 100% of your daily vitamin A and vitamin C, plus a whopping 7 grams of fiber!
Ingredients you will need
Broccoli - Both the florets and stalks can be used in this recipe.
Apple - I used a McIntosh, but any type of apple will do!
Carrot - One grated carrot is added for a boost of Vitamin A.
Scallions - I used green onion, but you could substitute red onion if you like.
Dried Cranberries add some sweetness to this salad and are a great source of fiber.
Toasted Almonds - I used almond slivers, but any type of nut or seeds could be used.
The dressing is a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and spices.
How to toast almonds
Toasting almonds enhances their flavor and gives them some added crunch. Making them is simple. Add the nuts to a large skillet and toast over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned and fragrant. No oil required!
How to prepare this salad
Broccoli crunch salad is easy to prepare and is ready in just 15 minutes.
1️⃣ Cut the broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces and thinly slice the stalks. Thinly slice an apple and the scallions, and grate a carrot. Add these ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
2️⃣ Add dried cranberries and toasted almonds.
3️⃣ For the dressing, combine olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper.
4️⃣ Toss all of the ingredients together, and serve!
Fresh, raw broccoli is used to give this salad some nice crunch!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
Other healthy salads you will love-
- Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Cole Slaw
- Fiesta Corn and Avocado Salad
- Superfood Salad with Kale and Blueberries
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic & Dill
Broccoli Crunch Salad with Apples and Almonds
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 4 cups Broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Apple thinly sliced
- 1 Carrot grated
- ¼ cup Scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ cup Slivered Almonds toasted
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the dressing ingredients together, and then stir it into the salad.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- I used both broccoli florets and stalks in this salad. Cut the florets into bite-sized pieces and thinly slice the stalks.
- To toast almonds, add them to a large skillet and toast for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until browned and fragrant. No oil required!
- Any type of apple may be used!
- Red onion may be substituted for the scallions.