This easy cucumber tomato salad is tossed together with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dill. It’s light and refreshing, and is the perfect summer side dish to bring to potlucks and picnics!
If you are looking for a simple and healthy salad to make, then look no further. This cucumber tomato salad requires only 5 ingredients, is ready in just 10 minutes, and is a family favorite!
Cucumber – Any type of cucumber can be used for this recipe. I like to use miniature cucumbers and purchased a small package of six which yielded 3 cups. It is up to you whether or not to peel the cucumbers. Peeling half of the skin off so that it resembles stripes is my preferred way to serve them (see above).
Tomato – Any type of tomato can be used for this recipe. Grape tomatoes work great as you can easily slice them in half or thirds depending on the size. I purchased a one pound package which yielded 3 cups.
How to Make this Recipe
The preparation of this salad is simple and only requires you to slice the tomatoes and cucumbers, and then toss all the ingredients together.
Sometimes I will add additional ingredients to my Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic & Dill if I have them on hand. Some of my favorites are:
- red onion
- fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- miniature mozzarella pearls
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! You can substitute 1 Tablespoon of fresh dill.
For sure! In fact, the flavors tend to intensify the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
Stored in an airtight container, this salad can be kept for up to 3 days.
Looking for more summer salad ideas?
Here are some of my favorites!
Did you try this recipe? Leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic & Dill
- 3 cups Miniature Cucumbers sliced and halved
- 3 cups Grape Tomatos sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil extra virgin
- 3/4 teaspoon Dill dried
- Peel and slice the cucumbers, and then cut the slices in half.
- Slice the tomatoes into halves or thirds depending on the size of each tomato.
- Toss the cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dill together in a large bowl.
- Garnish with a little extra dill if desired, and serve!
- Any type of cucumber can be used for this recipe. I prefer the miniature cucumbers as they are the perfect size when you cut the slices in half.
- Any type of tomato can be used for this recipe. I prefer to use grape tomatoes which are easy to slice into halves or thirds.
- You can substitute 1 Tablespoon of fresh dill.
- Feel free to add additional ingredients if desired such as avocado, red onion, fresh basil, freshly ground black pepper, or miniature mozzarella pearls.
- This salad can be made ahead of time and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.