This Snickers Smoothie is chocolatey, nutty, and sweet just like the candy bar, however it's made with healthy ingredients!
I'm definitely a fan of Snickers bars but not so much on the ingredients. This Snickers Smoothie, unlike the candy, does not contain any corn syrup, palm oil, or artificial flavors.
Just one serving does contain 20 grams of protein, 13 grams of fiber, and 15 grams of healthy fat, all of which will keep you feeling satisfied for hours! Not to mention it's packed full of potassium, calcium, and iron too.
This smoothie does not contain any protein powder, ice cream, or yogurt.
Here are six wholesome ingredients that I have used:
Banana - One small banana gives the smoothie a frothy, milkshake-like texture. If you are using a frozen banana, there is no need to add ice.
Pitted Dates - Two dates add a touch of caramel-like sweetness.
Cocoa Powder - Unsweetened cocoa powder adds that chocolately goodness!
Peanut Butter - Be sure to use a natural peanut butter.
Flaxseed - Ground flaxseed adds a boost of omega-3 fatty acids.
Milk - I used oat milk, however any type of milk could be added.
Ice - A couple of ice cubes are added to keep this smoothie cold!
- Milk - I prefer to use a plant-based milk to keep this recipe vegan.
- Dates - You could substitute 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup.
- Peanut Butter - Feel free to use any type of nut butter.
- Flaxseed - You could also use chia seeds or hemp seeds.
Making this smoothie couldn't be easier. Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth and creamy!
💭 Helpful Hints
Soaking the dates in hot water for 5 minutes will allow them to soften and blend easier.
This smoothie is best when consumed right away!
Yes, absolutely! Each smoothie contains 60 grams of carbohydrates. This combined with protein, healthy fat, and fiber makes it a well-balanced breakfast!
There are 482 healthy calories in each smoothie which accounts for 24% of your daily intake based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More breakfast recipes that you are sure to love:
- 1 Banana small
- 2 Dates pitted
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter natural
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Flaxseed ground
- 1 cup Milk
- 2-3 Ice Cubes
- Making this smoothie couldn't be easier. Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth and creamy!
- Pour into a glass, and serve.
- If you are using a frozen banana, there is no need to add ice.
- Soaking the dates in hot water for 5 minutes will allow them soften and blend easier.
- I used oat milk, however any type of milk could be added.
- Two teaspoons of pure maple syrup could be substituted for the dates.
- Feel free to substitute any type of nut butter.
- You could also use chia seeds or hemp seeds.