These Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping may be small, but they provide a huge amount of flavor! They are made with a ginger cookie crust, a smooth & creamy lemon cheesecake filling, and are topped with a homemade blueberry sauce.
Ingredients you will need
- Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cookie Thins
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Frozen Blueberries
I have found that Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cookie Thins provide the PERFECT crust for this cheesecake recipe, however you could substitute a vanilla wafer cookie, if preferred.
How to make Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Sauce
First, you will zest and juice the lemons.
Next, you will rinse the frozen blueberries under cold water in a colander, then add them to a saucepan with 2 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and ¼ cup water. Simmer on the stovetop 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place the sauce in a bowl and as it cools it will thicken.
Add paper-lined foil cups to muffin pans and insert a ginger cookie into each one.
For the cheesecake filling, add the cream cheese and ½ cup sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Divide the cheesecake filling evenly onto the cookies in the muffin cups.
Bake for 18 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Top each cheesecake with blueberry sauce. Chill them for for at least one hour prior to serving.
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers! 🙂
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping
- 2 cups Blueberries frozen
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Reduced Fat softened
- ½ cup Sugar for cheesecake filling
- 2 tablespoon Sugar for blueberry topping
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice divided
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 18 Triple Ginger Cookie Thins Trader Joe's
- Add frozen blueberries to a colander and rinse with cold water. Place them into a saucepan with water, 2 tablespoon sugar, and 2 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the sauce in a bowl and as it cools it will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cream cheese and ½ cup sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time just until combined.
- Add 18 paper-lined foil cups into muffin pans and add a cookie into each one.
- Divide the cheesecake filling evenly over the cookies.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Top with blueberry sauce.
- Chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- I find that Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cookie Thins make a PERFECT crust for these cheesecakes, but you can substitute vanilla wafer cookies if preferred.
- To soften your cream cheese, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or microwave on high for 10-20 seconds.
- Let eggs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or place into a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. This will result in a creamier cheesecake!
- Fresh blueberries may be substituted for frozen.
What a great idea! I have never thought to make cheesecake by the mouthful! Plenty of blueberries around now too so great time to give this a go!
Thanks Amy you will love them!
These little cheesecakes are adorable! Like that I could use frozen blueberries if fresh is not available and I can only imagine these triple ginger cookie crust gave a lovely pop of flavor to the cheesecake.
I love these! Such a neat trick to create individual serving cheesecakes with muffin tin.
I love how simple and easy these are to make! Blueberry and lemon are the best together!
I totally agree, Suzy!
These look scrumptious and they're the perfect size! I'm definitely going to try this recipe as soon as I can get all the ingredients!
You will love them Nart!
I love desserts that are in mini form! Such a delicious idea, and ideal for entertaining. Lemon and blueberry are a wonderful combination!
Sooo good together! 🙂
I wish I could grab a piece of this cheesecake right now! Absolutely delicious!
They sure are Priya!
Oh these are super cute! And because they are mini, it means I can eat more, right?! 🙂
I won't tell. 😀
Love the most lemon combo. So flavorful and looks gorgeous
Super delicious! I love these mini cheesecakes! They are so easy to make, and I especially love the combination of blueberries, lemon and a ginger cookie crust!
So glad you enjoyed them! 🙂💜