This Classic Pico De Gallo is light, fresh, and so flavorful! It's easy to make and ready in just 10 minutes.
What is Pico De Gallo
Pico De Gallo is a Spanish term that translates to "beak of rooster" which I believe is because the salsa has a bit of a bite to it. 😉 I am actually not a fan of spicy food, and you find this recipe to be on the milder side.
Requiring only 5 ingredients, this fresh salsa tastes sooo much better than the store-bought version! Not only is it good for dipping, but is fantastic to serve with your favorite Mexican food, such as tacos, flautas, or a Burrito Bowl!
What is in Pico De Gallo
Tomatoes - Fresh tomatoes are used for this recipe, any type will do!
Red Onion - I prefer to use a red onion because it adds some nice color and is loaded with antioxidants.
Jalapenos - So long as you remove the seeds, a jalapeno is quite mild. Want to spice things up? A serrano pepper is five times hotter than a jalapeno and can be easily substituted! 🔥
Cilantro - Fresh cilantro is a must and gives this salsa it's insane flavor.
Lime Juice - Again, fresh is best!
How to Prepare
I wasn't kidding when I said that this recipe was easy to prepare. All you need to do is juice your lime, chop your veggies, and then combine all of the ingredients together - simple!
Absolutely! In fact, the flavors tend to intensify the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
In my household, it is gone in one sitting! 😀 However, you may store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
Here are some additional recipes to use up those fresh garden tomatoes!
- Tomato Goat Cheese Bake
- Easy Caprese Flatbread Pizza
- Fiesta Corn and Avocado Salad
- Spinach, Tomato, and Cheese Frittata
- Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic & Dill
Have you joined the Hoorah to Health community on social media yet? Find us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Classic Pico De Gallo (Easy & Delish)
- 2 cups Fresh Tomatoes chopped
- ½ Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- Chop the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Juice the lime.
- Combine all of the ingredients together, and serve!
- Fresh ingredients make this recipe amazing, so be sure to use fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- This recipe may be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. In fact, the flavors tend to intensify the longer it sits.