This Caprese Flatbread Pizza is topped with sliced mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. It is a super easy recipe that the whole family will love!
What is Caprese?
If you're a fan of Italian food then you probably have heard of caprese, which is a simple salad consisting of freshly sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. The ingredients include each color of the Italian flag: green, white, and red. Caprese may be seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, and/or balsamic glaze. This recipe takes all those delicious ingredients and features them on a pizza!
Four Reasons to Make Caprese Pizza
1. It is EASY - If you don't have much time for cooking then you will be happy to hear this recipe comes together easily with just six ingredients and is ready in less than 15 minutes!
2. It is HEALTHY - This Caprese Flatbread Pizza recipe is a great source of both vitamin A and calcium and provides significantly lower amounts of calories and carbs than traditional pizza recipes.
3. It is perfect for MEATLESS MONDAY - Trying to consume more of a plant-based diet? Start off by consuming a meatless meal every Monday.
4. It is a perfect SUMMER MEAL - There's nothing sweeter than some fresh, juicy tomatoes right from the garden! I like to use a variety of colors, simply because they are pretty. 😀
How to Make Caprese Pizza
First, brush half of the olive oil onto the flatbreads. I love to use flatbread pizza crust, because it is so light and crispy! I'm not too crazy about thick, doughy crusts. You can find ready-made flatbreads right in the bakery section of your supermarket, but feel free to substitute your favorite pizza crust.
Next, arrange the mozzarella and tomatoes onto the flatbreads. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the mozzarella and tomatoes. Bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese melts and the flatbreads become crispy. If you are using a different pizza crust, follow the manufacturer's instructions for cooking time.
After removing the pizza from the oven, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil. I even like to sprinkle on a little black pepper.
Did you enjoy this recipe? If yes, then be sure to check out these others!
- Easy Chicken Flautas
- Spinach, Tomato, and Cheese Frittata
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping
Easy Caprese Flatbread Pizza
- 2 Flatbreads pre-packaged
- 8 oz Mozzarella fresh, sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup Basil fresh, sliced
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush half of the olive oil on top of the flatbreads.
- Arrange the sliced mozzarella and tomatoes onto the flatbreads.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top of the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese melts and the flatbread is crispy.
- After removing the pizza from the oven, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Ready-made flatbreads can be found in the bakery section of your supermarket.
- The balsamic glaze can be found alongside the vinegars at your supermarket.