These crispy chicken flautas (taquitos) are filled with shredded chicken, cheese, black beans, salsa, and lime juice. They are super easy to make and are ready in just 30 minutes!
They are great with tomatoes, red onion, sliced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, fresh salsa, cilantro, and chipotle sauce.
What is the difference between a flauta and a taquito?
Flautas are basically rolled up tacos that are usually deep fried until brown and crispy. This recipe is a healthier version because they are baked. No worries though; they still come out nice and crispy!
We actually call these scrumptious little treats taquitos at my house, however they are technically flautas. What is the difference between these two well-known Mexican dishes, you ask? Simple. Taquitos are made with corn tortilla while flautas are made with flour tortillas. Your choice!
How to make Chicken Flautas
These Chicken Flautas are sooo simple to make! First, you will mix together the chicken, cheese, black beans, salsa and lime juice.
Next, add 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto each tortilla and roll them up tightly. Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until they start turning a golden brown.
Helpful Tips for Making the BEST Chicken Flautas
Use a fresh salsa – You can usually find a high quality salsa in the produce section of your supermarket.
Rotisserie chicken – is juicy and tender and yields just the right amount of meat needed for this recipe.
Don’t overstuff the tortillas – two tablespoons is all you will need for each flauta.
Other Chicken Recipes you may enjoy:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fricassee
- Cavatappi Alfredo with Broccoli and Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Chicken in a White Wine Sauce
Easy Chicken Flautas
- 18 Flour Tortillas small, 6 inch
- 2 cups Chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Salsa fresh
- 15 ounce can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 lime juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the chicken, shredded cheese, cream cheese, black beans, salsa, and lime juice.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the mixture onto each tortilla and roll tightly. Place them seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they start to turn golden brown.
- I prefer to use the small 6″ tortillas. You can use a larger size if desired, however you would just need to increase the amount of filling.
- Using a fresh salsa is best and can be found in the produce section of your supermarket.
- A rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe!
- I shredded my own extra sharp cheddar. You can substitute your favorite cheese.
- The juice of one lime equals ~2 Tablespoons.
- Don’t overstuff the tortillas.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as tomatoes, red onion, sliced avocado, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and/or chipotle sauce.