This Lemon Garlic Chicken is cooked in a white wine sauce, requires just a few simple ingredients and is super easy to make!
Looking for a delicious entree that tastes as though you just ordered it off the menu at a gourmet restaurant? This dish is the perfect meal for a romantic date night in and will WOW your sweetheart! It requires just a few simple ingredients and is super easy to make!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe-
- Chicken breasts
- White wine
- Chicken broth
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
How to make Lemon Garlic Chicken in a White Wine Sauce?
First, remove the thyme leaves from the stems, juice your lemon, and chop your garlic so that they will be ready when you need them.
Next, you will season the chicken breasts with black pepper and coat them in flour.
Heat the olive oil in your skillet over medium low heat, add the chicken, and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add the white wine and as it sizzles, scrape those roasty little bits from the bottom of the skillet. This will add some nice flavor to your sauce.
Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add the chicken broth, lemon juice, butter and thyme and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan, and cook for 3 additional minutes. That's it!
This recipe pairs beautifully with my Pecorino Romano Risotto and Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts!
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment below! For more great recipes, subscribe to my blog or follow me on Facebook and/or Pinterest.
Lemon Garlic Chicken in a White Wine Sauce
- Large Skillet
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts, Skinless
- ½ cup White Wine dry
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, Reduced Sodium
- ½ cup Flour
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 cloves Garlic fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves fresh
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Before you get started, you will want to remove the thyme leaves from the stems, juice your lemon, and chop your garlic to have it ready to go!
- Season the chicken breasts with black pepper and then dredge them in flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until a nice golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the white wine to the skillet and as it sizzles, scrape the contents from the bottom of your pan. This will add great flavor to your sauce!
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, butter, and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce and the flavors to infuse.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- I purchased 4 thin chicken breasts, but you could also purchase 2 whole breasts and slice them in half to make thinner cutlets.
- Be sure to keep your heat at medium low when cooking the chicken. If the heat is too high, the oil will splatter.
- Always cook your chicken thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Keep the sodium content of this dish down by using a low sodium chicken broth.
- Any dry white wine can be used. I prefer Pino Grigio.
My son loved this chicken recipe, they turned out golden!
I'm so happy to hear that Janelle! 🙂
Tasty chicken I made with chicken tenders and it was enjoyed by everyone.
Glad you enjoyed them, Kim!! 😊❤️