This Blueberry Zucchini Bread is easy to make and absolutely delicious! It is loaded with blueberries, zucchini and even some carrot. It’s like blueberry bread meets zucchini bread meets carrot cake – the best of 3 worlds!Jump to Recipe
One of the things I look forward to most in July, aside from the gorgeous weather, is blueberry picking! Nothing beats those sweet, juicy, plump berries. One of my favorite treats to make is this blueberry zucchini bread recipe, a family favorite that has ALWAYS been a crowd pleaser!
What makes this bread healthy?
Blueberries are often referred to as a superfood and for good reason. These sweet berries are packed full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, in particular a group of flavonoids called anthocyanins, which may help protect against heart disease, cancer, and aging!
Zucchini, like most vegetables, are low in calories & fat and a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. One cup of cooked zucchini will provide you with 40% of the RDI for vitamin A!
Carrots – Speaking of vitamin A, just one serving of carrots will provide you with 149% of your RDI! This will help to keep your vision, immune system, and reproductive system in tip-top shape.
Cinnamon has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. It can also help regulate your blood sugars and decrease your risk of cancer.
Nutmeg has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, as well. It may also help to improve depression.
Ginger is great for digestion and can also help control both nausea and motion sickness.
How to make Blueberry Zucchini Bread
This recipe is super simple to make and yields not one, but two loaves! Yes, you can thank me later. 😉
First you will combine the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients, and then fold in the blueberries. Divide the batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 9×5 loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Grilled Pineapple
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup Carrot grated
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar, zucchini, and carrot.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 9×5 loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until until a cake tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean. Let sit for 15 minutes prior to removing bread from pans. Slice and serve.
- May substitute additional zucchini in place of the carrot, if desired.
- May substitute additional cinnamon in place of the nutmeg and ginger, if desired.