These Rainbow Carrots are tossed with olive oil and fresh rosemary and then roasted to perfection. They are simple to make, so flavorful, and really dress up the dinner table with their vibrant color!
I love when I find fresh rainbow carrots at the market! They are fun to cook with and are super healthy! I like to serve them for holidays like Thanksgiving and Easter because they are unique and look so pretty on the table.
Eat the Rainbow
Did you know? Rainbow carrots are packed full of vitamin A, fiber, potassium, and phytonutrients such as beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and anthocyanins all of which support heart health, eye health, a healthy immune system, AND may reduce your risk of certain types of cancer!
How to Roast Carrots
First, scrub or peel the carrots and then cut them into slices.
Next, toss the carrots, olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl.
Spread the carrots onto a baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees or until tender.
These multi-colored carrots are so delicious and are sure to be popular with your guests. I'd highly recommend doubling the recipe! 😉
If you do end up with any leftovers, they may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could, but I wouldn't recommend it. Roasting vegetables intensifies their sweet, rustic flavor. When boiling them, significant amounts of nutrients may leach into the water.
You could substitute 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary, but I personally feel that fresh is best for this recipe!
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
More scrumptious sides-
- Mediterranean Rice
- Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- Pecorino Romano Risotto
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad with Balsamic & Dill
Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Rosemary
- 1 ½ pounds Rainbow Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub or peel the carrots, then cut them into slices.
- In a mixing bowl toss together the carrots, olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt & pepper.
- Spread the carrots onto a baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You could substitute 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary, but I wouldn't recommend it. Fresh is best!