This Vegetarian Cornbread Stuffing is a classic Thanksgiving, Christmas, or anytime side dish made with onion, celery, rosemary and veggie sausage.
Believe me when I say that this will be the most delicious dish on your holiday table! Stuffing is my absolute favorite side and using cornbread takes it to the next level!
Okay... technically it's dressing, not stuffing. What's the difference you ask? Stuffing is cooked inside of another food such as poultry, seafood, or vegetables. Dressing is prepared in a dish of its own. You can call it whatever you like. I call it AMAZING!
Ingredients you will need
Cornbread - cut into cubes
Veggies - onion and celery
Butter - to saute the veggies
Sausage Patties - meatless maple-flavored breakfast sausage
Vegetable Broth - makes the stuffing moist
Egg - helps to bind the ingredients together
Rosemary - spices this dish up perfectly
How to make
This vegetarian cornbread stuffing recipe is so easy to make! First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Next, you will saute the chopped onion and celery in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until soft.
Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and transfer to an 8x8 baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes. That simple!
Don't have day-old cornbread? No problem! Simply place pieces of cornbread on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until toasted.
This recipe is so good that you may wish to double it! Click the 2x on the recipe card and bake the contents in a 9x13 baking dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can substitute 1 Tablespoon of fresh rosemary for 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
Feel free to substitute sage or thyme!
Absolutely! This recipe can be made the day before. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Leftover stuffing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
More Holiday Favorites
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Rosemary
Have you joined the Hoorah to Health community on social media yet? Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Vegetarian Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8oz Veggie Maple-Flavored Sausage Patties chopped
- 1 Egg beaten
- 4 cups Cornbread day-old, cubed
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary dried
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onion and celery in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, and then transfer to an 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- If not using day-old cornbread, place pieces of cornbread on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes until toasted.
- If you wish to double the recipe, click 2x on the recipe card and bake in a 9x13 dish.
- You may substitute 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary for 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary. You could also substitute sage or thyme.
- This recipe can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator covered until ready to bake.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.