This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase a product, I may earn a small commission and it won’t cost you any extra. Thank you so much for your support!
This venison steak is tender, juicy, and mixed with sweet, flavorful onions & peppers! It’s the perfect Instant Pot meal that can be served on a sub roll, in a wrap, even over rice, pasta, or potato. Heck, I think it would be spectacular over my mashed cauliflower too!
What is Venison?
If you have a hunter in the house, then you are probably aware that venison is deer meat. But did you know that it is actually the name given to a group of larger, wild game that also includes antelope, bison, caribou, and elk? Yep!
Why is Venison Healthy?
Venison is a red meat, however it is very lean and much lower in saturated fat and calories than beef. It is an excellent source of protein, iron, and B vitamins.
I think it’s important to know that the meat you are eating is natural and organic with no added hormones or antibiotics. I also feel it is more humane that these animals led a free range roaming life and did not suffer any abuse, confinement, or neglect.
What you will need
- Bell Peppers
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Olive Oil
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Powder
- Black Pepper
How to make Venison Steak in the Instant Pot
First, slice the venison, onion, and peppers. Next, season the meat with the spices and then set your Instant Pot to saute on high. Add the oil and venison, and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
Next, you will mix in your broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Top it off with all of those scrumptious onion and peppers!
When it comes to bell peppers, I prefer to use a rainbow of colors. They are super healthy and packed full of carotenoids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! In fact, one serving of my Venison Steak with Onions & Peppers will provide you with over 100% of your daily requirement for vitamin C!
Now it’s time to cook! Lock the lid into place and seal the vent. Set to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before the cooking process starts.)
After the cooking cycle has finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release by moving the valve to the vent position. Once the float valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers! 🙂
Here are a couple of my other Instant Pot recipes that you are sure to love:
Instant Pot Venison Steak with Onions & Peppers
- Instant Pot
- 2 pounds Venison Steak sliced
- 4 Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cut the venison, onion, and peppers into slices.
- Mix the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper together and season the meat.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute on high. Once ready, add the oil and venison. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Mix in the broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any browned bits. This will add more flavor!
- Add the onions and peppers.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the vent. Set to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Once finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release by moving the valve to the vent position. Once the float valve drops, carefully remove the lid.