Healthy and delicious, this Pineapple Chicken recipe is made with tender chunks of chicken, juicy pineapple, sweet red pepper, crunchy water chestnuts, and garnished with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
Who needs to order take-out, when you can make a scrumptious meal like this right at home?! It's a tropical treat that the whole family will devour, and it's ready in less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients you will need
Pineapple - fresh is best, but you could substitute canned. if preferred
Chicken - boneless, skinless breasts
Red Bell Pepper - for extra flavor and vibrant color
Water Chestnuts - for some added crunch
Coconut Aminos - lower sodium alternative to soy sauce
Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
Ginger - fresh is best, but you could substitute ground ginger, if preferred
Green onion - for garnishing
Toasted Sesame Seeds - for garnishing
Sesame Oil - for some amazing flavor
Seasoning - black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
How to Make Pineapple Chicken
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the sesame seeds onto a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Next, cut the pineapple into bite-sized chunks, chop the red bell pepper, slice the green onion, mince the garlic and ginger. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add to the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes until browned on all sides.
Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, the coconut aminos, pineapple, red pepper, water chestnuts, and ginger, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic and stir until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
Garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
What to serve with this dish
Pineapple Chicken is traditionally served with white rice. You could also pair it with a green vegetable, such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or bok choy. This is a great recipe for meal prepping lunches for the week, as it's even better the next day once all those flavors have infused overnight!
Did you make this recipe? If yes, let me know what you thought in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
Other scrumptious chicken recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Chicken Flautas
- Instant Pot Chicken Fricassee
- Homestyle Chicken Stew with Biscuits
- Cavatappi Alfredo with Broccoli & Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Chicken in a White Wine Sauce
For more delicious recipes and healthy inspiration, be sure to follow Hoorah to Health on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Large Skillet
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 5 ounce can Water Chestnuts diced
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil divided
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Ginger minced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Green Onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut pineapple into bite-sized chunks, chop red pepper, slice the green onion, mince garlic and ginger. Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, the coconut aminos, pineapple, red pepper, water chestnuts, and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- May substitute canned pineapple, if preferred.
- May substitute ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, if preferred.
[…] Check out this recipe […]