These roasted pepitas are so rich in flavor, and healthy too! They are perfect for snacking or as a topping on your favorite salad!Jump to Recipe
Health Benefits of Pepitas
These tiny little seeds are packed full of nutrition!
A 1/4 cup serving provides 100 calories and the following nutrients:
- Protein – 5 grams
- Healthy Fat – 7 grams
- Fiber – 2 grams
- Manganese – 52% RDI
- Magnesium – 46% RDI
- Phosphorus – 41% RDI
- Iron – 29% RDI
- Copper – 24% RDI
- Zinc – 17% RDI
They are also packed full of antioxidants that protect our cells against free radicals, which may play a role in heart disease, cancer and other diseases.
How to Roast Pepitas
For this recipe, I used raw pepitas which can be found at most supermarkets. They are green in color and do not have a white outer shell like the seeds that come straight out of a pumpkin.
Making them is simple. First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add the pepitas and olive oil to a small mixing bowl. Stir to coat. Then add the cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to coat.
Spread the pepitas onto a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool, and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? Leave me a comment below, and let me know what you think! 🙂
Other Hoorah to Health recipes you may enjoy:
- Hot Wassail
- Avocado Flower
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Pumpkin Risotto with Crispy Kale
- Pumpkin Hummus with Roasted Pepitas
Roasted Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- 1 cup Pepitas raw pumpkin seeds without shells
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pepitas and olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Stir to coat.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to coat.
- Spread the pepitas onto a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until brown.
- Let cool, and enjoy!