These mini cheeseballs are made with a delicious combination of sharp cheddar cheese, goat cheese, fresh rosemary and lemon juice, and are coated in chopped cranberries and pistachios. So festive and perfect for the holidays!
I just love bite-sized appetizers, and desserts too! If you haven't already, you must check out my Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping - they are so scrumptious! Both of these recipes are easy to make and are perfect for potlucks and parties!
Ingredients Needed to Make Cheeseballs
Cheddar Cheese - I like to use a white sharp cheddar and shred my own for the best flavor.
Goat cheese is soft, creamy and available for purchase in an 8 ounce log.
Cranberries - These tart berries complement the other ingredients well and add some incredible color!
Pistachios - I purchase them whole and remove them from the shells (much cheaper that way) 🙂
Rosemary - Fresh rosemary is so aromatic and tastes amazing in these cheeseballs.
Lemon Juice - A tablespoon of freshly squeezed juice is used in this recipe.
Black Pepper - Just a touch for seasoning.
How to Make Cheeseballs
First, shred the cheddar cheese, finely chop the rosemary leaves, and juice the lemon.
Next, combine the goat cheese, cheddar cheese, rosemary, lemon juice, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
For the coating, add the cranberries and pistachios to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Be careful to not over process or they will become mushy. Pour contents onto a plate.
Form the cheese mixture into balls. I use a small scoop to keep them all uniform in size. Roll them in the coating, and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe makes just about 2 dozen cheeseballs. Serve them with crackers and perhaps some fresh fruit. You could drizzle them with a little honey or insert pretzel sticks into them. Either way, your guests will love and devour them!
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below, and let me know what you thought. I love to hear from my readers!
Cranberry Pistachio Mini Cheeseballs
- 1 ¼ cups Fresh Cranberries finely chopped
- 1 cup Pistachios finely chopped
- 8 oz Goat Cheese
- 1 cup White Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Leaves finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Shred the cheddar cheese, finely chop the rosemary leaves, and juice the lemon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the goat cheese, cheddar cheese, rosemary, lemon juice, and black pepper. Set aside.
Cranberry Pistachio Coating
- Add the cranberries and pistachios to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Pour contents onto a plate.
- Form the cheese mixture into balls and roll them in the coating,
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Be careful to not over process the cranberries and pistachios or they will become mushy.
- I use a small scoop when forming the cheeseballs to keep them all uniform in size.
- Serve them with crackers and maybe even some fresh fruit. You could drizzle them with a little honey or insert pretzel sticks into them. Either way, your guests will love and devour them!