These lobster cakes are full of succulent lobster and are baked to perfection. Served with a light lemon dill yogurt sauce, this recipe is a great choice for any special occasion.
My husband is a lobster fanatic! So when I was thinking of what to prepare him for Father's Day, I thought how about some lobster cakes? ...or as we say here in New England, "lobstah" cakes. 😉
Ingredients you will need
- Lobster Meat - 1 pound, chopped coarsely (2 cups)
- Crackers - crushed into crumbs (may substitute bread crumbs)
- Lemon - juiced
- Green Onion -sliced
- Greek Yogurt - plain
- Celery Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
- Cayenne Pepper
Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Greek Yogurt -plain
- Lemon - juiced
- Dill - fresh, finely chopped
How to make Lobster Cakes
First, add the crackers to a plastic food storage bag and crush them into crumbs with your hands. Juice the lemon. Add the lobster meat, cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, green onion, ¼ cup of the Greek yogurt, egg, and spices into a bowl and combine. Cover and chill for 1 hour. This will allow the flavors to infuse, and it is easier to form the cakes when the mixture is cold.
Next, prepare the lemon dill yogurt sauce by whisking together ¼ cup of the Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and dill. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with oil or butter. Form the mixture into six lobster cakes and place onto the baking sheet. Bake on middle rack for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve them warm with a dollop of lemon dill yogurt sauce and garnish with lemon slices, parley, and/or green onion.
Wondering what to serve with your lobster cakes? You may consider the following:
- Baked Potato
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Tossed Salad
- Cole Slaw
- Corn on the Cob
- Summer Squash
And for dessert, may I suggest my Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping? They are absolutely delicious!
For more great recipes, be sure to follow Hoorah to Health on Facebook and Pinterest too! 🙂
Lobster Cakes with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 1 pound Lobster Meat coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Lemon juiced
- ¼ cup Green Onion sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Dill fresh
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt plain
- 1 Egg
- ¼ teaspoon Celery Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Dry Mustard
- pinch Cinnamon
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch Ginger
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Add crackers to a plastic food storage bag and crush them into crumbs with your hands.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add the lobster meat, cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, ¼ cup of the Greek yogurt, green onion, egg, celery salt, black pepper, paprika, dry mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cayenne to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Cover the mixture and chill for one hour.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a dollop of lemon dill yogurt and garnish with fresh lemon slices, parsley and/or green onion.
Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Whisk together ¼ cup of the Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and dill.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- One pound of lobster meat equals 2 cups.
- You may substitute bread crumbs for the cracker crumbs.
Oh my! I am in love with this recipe! I've made fish cakes before but I have never thought to make lobster cakes! They look magnificent and would be like a perfect starter when I have friends over. And I love dill too. Such an under used herb.
Thanks Amy! Hope you love them as much as we do!
I'm more of a crab person than lobster, but that sauce sounds fantastic!
Feel free to substitute crab for the lobster Amanda! 😀
So happy I planted extra dill this year. That sauce sounds perfectly delish.....and the crackers in this recipe sound ideal too.
The crackers add an extra level of deliciousness and the sauce is super scrumptious too!
Oh my gosh! I have to make these! I've made salmon cakes and crab cakes, but these lobster cakes look absolutely delicious!
Give them a try, Jen! You will love them!
I'm totally drooling over this recipe! I have never made lobster cakes but this looks so easy and delicious!
They are most definitely delicious and are very simple to make!
Do use cooked lobster meat for this?
Yes, cooked meat! 🙂
These look so good , thank you for your recipe !! Nancy in Macedon, New York