This decadent chocolate oatmeal is easy to make and so delicious! Made with wholesome ingredients, it's a great way to start your day!
- ½ cup Quick Oats
- 1 cup Milk any type
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed optional
- pinch of Salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
Add the oats, milk, cocoa powder, flaxseed, and salt to a saucepan.
Cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat, and let sit for 2 minutes.
Stir in the maple syrup, and serve!
- Rolled oats or steel-cut oats may be substituted, you'll just need to adjust the cooking time.
- I use oat milk but any type of milk will do.
- Chocolate Oatmeal Topping Ideas:
- ALMOND JOY - sliced almonds & shredded coconut
- BANANA NUT - sliced banana & walnuts
- BERRYLICIOUS - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and/or strawberries
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIA - chocolate chips and chia seeds
- PEANUT BUTTER CUP - swirl in some peanut butter
Serving: 2Sodium: 205mgCalcium: 205mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 246IUSugar: 16gFiber: 5gPotassium: 220mgCalories: 190kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 35gIron: 2mg