Grilled Sweet Potatoes in Foil
These grilled sweet potatoes in foil are the perfect side dish to serve alongside a burger at your next summer barbecue, and they are so simple to make!
- 3 Sweet Potatoes medium
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon Rosemary crushed
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
Turn on your grill.
Wash and peel the potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and then into slices.
Divide the sweet potato slices onto 2 pieces of aluminum foil.
Drizzle with olive oil and add the rosemary, onion powder, salt & pepper. Mix them up a bit to evenly distribute the spices.
Wrap the potatoes up securely in 2 layers of aluminum foil (about 12x15 inches)
Grill for 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes. Open carefully and serve.
- If your grill has a temperature gauge, heat it up to 400-450 degrees.
- It is entirely up to you whether you peel your potatoes or not. Leaving the skin on will provide you with some extra fiber; just be sure to wash them well.
- Crush the rosemary by pulsing in a coffee grinder for a few seconds or place between two pieces of waxed paper or in a heavy-duty food storage bag and run a rolling pin over them.
- Feel free to mix up the spices as you like. Sometimes I will add cumin, cayenne pepper and/or chili powder to spice it up.
- I've also made them with sliced onions and peppers, which is delicious too!
Serving: 8.Sodium: 119mgCalcium: 25mgVitamin C: 2mgVitamin A: 12023IUSugar: 4gFiber: 3gPotassium: 286mgCalories: 104kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 17gIron: 1mg