Lemon Garlic Chicken in a White Wine Sauce
Looking for a delicious entree that tastes as though you just ordered it off the menu at a gourmet restaurant? My lemon garlic chicken in a white wine sauce is the perfect meal for a romantic date night and will wow your sweetheart!
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts, Skinless
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, Reduced Sodium
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 2 cloves Garlic fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme Leaves fresh
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Before you get started, you will want to remove the thyme leaves from the stems, juice your lemon, and chop your garlic to have it ready to go!
Season the chicken breasts with black pepper and then dredge them in flour.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until a nice golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the white wine to the skillet and as it sizzles, scrape the contents from the bottom of your pan. This will add great flavor to your sauce!
Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, butter, and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce and the flavors to infuse.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Serve, and enjoy!
- I purchased 4 thin chicken breasts, but you could also purchase 2 whole breasts and slice them in half to make thinner cutlets.
- Be sure to keep your heat at medium low when cooking the chicken. If the heat is too high, the oil will splatter.
- Always cook your chicken thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Keep the sodium content of this dish down by using a low sodium chicken broth.
- Any dry white wine can be used. I prefer Pino Grigio.
Serving: 4.Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 27gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 202mgPotassium: 531mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 295IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 18mgIron: 2mg