Banana Nut Smoothie
This banana nut smoothie recipe is simple to make and is packed full of good nutrition, including potassium, magnesium, and fiber! It is super delicious and actually tastes like a milkshake.
- 1 Banana frozen
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed ground (optional)
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Blend all ingredients, until smooth.
Garnish with cinnamon, if desired.
- Keep frozen bananas on hand in your freezer (store in a BPA free container). They give the smoothie a nice texture and keeps it cold, so there is no need for ice.
- No flax seed on hand? No problem! You can substitute flax oil, hemp seeds or chia seeds, if desired.
- I like to use organic, pure maple syrup (avoid those with high fructose corn syrup).
Serving: 1.Calories: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 11gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 332mgPotassium: 743mgFiber: 11gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 76IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 450mgIron: 2mg