Packed full of healthy ingredients, these flavorful Chickpea Patties (also known as Chickpea Fritters or Chickpea Burgers) are a delicious plant-based meal option!
- 1 15 ounce can/carton Chickpeas no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 cup Oats instant, quick, or old-fashioned
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil for frying
Grate the bell pepper, onion, and carrot in a food processor
Squeeze the vegetables with a paper towel in a colander to remove excess moisture.
Chop the parsley, and mince the garlic.
Add the chickpeas and oats to the food processor and blend for 1 minute or until a dough forms.
Combine the chickpea mixture, vegetables, parsley, and spices together in a mixing bowl, and then form into four patties.
Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chickpea patties and cook for three minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Set the patties on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
Serve, and enjoy!
- If you don't have a food processor, you can mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork, and the vegetables can be diced small with a knife. The oats can be processed in a coffee grinder or oat flour may be substituted.
- Serve as chickpea burgers, in a wrap, or alongside a tossed salad or cooked veggies.
- Garnish with your traditional condiments, tzatziki or avocado sauce.
- Chickpea patties can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They are great for meal prepping lunches for the week!
Serving: 4Calories: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 8gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 311mgPotassium: 452mgFiber: 6gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3247IUVitamin C: 68mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 3mg