Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
Fragrant and flavorful, Cilantro Lime Brown Rice is perfect to serve alongside your favorite Mexican meal. It is super simple to make and requires just a few ingredients!
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Lime zested and juiced
- Black Pepper to taste
Add water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Add the rice and olive oil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until all of the water has absorbed.
While the rice is cooking, zest and juice the lime, and finely chop the cilantro.
When the rice is done, remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
Remove cover and fluff with a fork. Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest.
Add black pepper to taste.
- The cooking time may vary according to which brand of rice you are using. (Refer to package directions.)
- I used small grain rice, but you could also use long grain.
- If you are short on time, you could even use brown minute rice.
- One lime will provide about 2 tablespoons of juice and 2 tablespoons of zest.
Serving: 8Calories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 77mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 72IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 11mgIron: 1mg