Bird's Nest Cookies
These Bird's Nest Cookies are made with melted chocolate, creamy peanut butter, whole grain cereal, and chocolate eggs. They are so adorable and fun to make with the kids, and there is no baking required!
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 cups Whole Grain Cereal
- 51 Cadbury Eggs mini
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and heat on the defrost setting for 3 minutes, stirring every 30-60 seconds until melted.
Stir in the peanut butter.
Stir in the cereal until it is all coated with the chocolate mixture.
Drop quarter cup servings onto your cookie sheets. Add 3 chocolate eggs to each nest.
Place the cookies in the refrigerator and chill for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Ghirardelli chocolate was used for this recipe because it melts nicely and has a rich flavor.
- A smooth, natural peanut butter was used for this recipe, but any type of nut butter could be used.
- Kashi Go Original cereal was used for this recipe because it has nice shapes for the nests and it is packed full of nutrition.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs were used for this recipe, but you could use any type of candy eggs or jelly beans.
- These cookies can be stored in an air-tight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Serving: 17Calories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 5gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 51mgPotassium: 104mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gCalcium: 53mgIron: 1mg