Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
Oven roasted cauliflower is mixed with a smooth and creamy cheese sauce, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, and then baked to perfection to create this Cheesy Cauliflower Bake. It is a scrumptious, vegetarian side dish that the whole family will love!
- 2 heads Cauliflower
- 2 cups Milk
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
Toss the florets with olive oil and then space them out (not touching each other) on your baking sheets.
Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
While the cauliflower is roasting, shred the cheddar cheese.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour to form a roux.
Slowly whisk in the milk and stir for about 2 minutes or until it starts to bubble and thicken.
Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
Combine the cauliflower and cheese sauce together in a mixing bowl and then add to a 2 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve! You can garnish this dish with additional black pepper or sliced green onion if desired.
- I like to shred the cheese myself vs. buying pre-shredded cheese because it will give you the smoothest, creamiest sauce.
- I used 1% milk for this recipe, however you could use whichever type you prefer.
- I like my sauce garlicky but you can always add in your favorite spices. Want to turn up the heat? Add a little cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, or jalapenos!
Serving: 8Sodium: 147mgCalcium: 131mgVitamin C: 69mgVitamin A: 313IUSugar: 6gFiber: 3gPotassium: 534mgCholesterol: 20mgCalories: 152kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 9gProtein: 6gCarbohydrates: 14gIron: 1mg