Healthy and delicious, this Pineapple Chicken recipe is made with tender chunks of chicken, juicy pineapple, sweet red pepper, crunchy water chestnuts, and garnished with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 ½ pounds Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 5 ounce can Water Chestnuts diced
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil divided
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Ginger minced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Green Onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cut pineapple into bite-sized chunks, chop red pepper, slice the green onion, mince garlic and ginger. Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until browned on all sides.
Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, the coconut aminos, pineapple, red pepper, water chestnuts, and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic and stir until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
Garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- May substitute canned pineapple, if preferred.
- May substitute ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, if preferred.
Serving: 6Sodium: 362mgCalcium: 45mgVitamin C: 54mgVitamin A: 738IUSugar: 7gFiber: 2gPotassium: 587mgCholesterol: 73mgCalories: 249kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 9gProtein: 26gCarbohydrates: 16gIron: 1mg