Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
This Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts recipe is perfectly seasoned and topped with cranberries and pecans. It is a colorful side dish that is perfect for holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- 1 large Butternut Squash cubed (6 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels Sprouts trimmed and halved (6 cups)
- 1 cup Cranberries fresh
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup pure
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Peel and cut the butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts.
Toss the butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup together in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the thyme, salt & pepper.
Place the vegetables on baking sheets and roast for 20-30 minutes on the middle rack until tender.
Place cranberries and pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet and roast for 5-6 minutes or until the nuts begin to brown and the first cranberry pops open.
Combine all the ingredients together in a serving dish and drizzle with the remaining maple syrup.
- If you are using baby Brussels sprouts, there is no need to halve them.
- You may substitute 1/2 cup dried cranberries in place of the fresh cranberries, if desired. Just stir them in at the end (no need to heat).
- You may substitute walnuts or roasted pepitas for the pecans, if desired.
Serving: 12.Calories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 160mgPotassium: 457mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 7786IUVitamin C: 53mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 1mg