Easy to make and so delicious, this Halloween Guacamole is a BOO-tiful appetizer to serve at your party! Today I'll show you how to make a spooky spider web AND a monster mash face.
- 3 Avocados pitted and peeled
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/3 cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Chop the red onion and cilantro. Juice the lime. Peel and pit the avocados.
Place the avocados in a mixing bowl along with the lime juice and salt. Mash the ingredients together with a potato masher or fork until you reach your desired consistency.
Stir in the red onion and cilantro.
Spooky Spider Web
For the web, pipe 4 circles of sour cream onto the guacamole. Using a knife, draw lines from the inner circle to the edge of the bowl.
For the spider, use a whole black olive for the body and sliced olives for the legs.
- Be sure to use avocados that are ripe, but not overripe. A ripe avocado will yield to pressure if you give it a gentle squeeze. To help speed the ripening process, place the avocados in a brown paper bag along with some bananas overnight.
- Feel free to mix in any extras, if desired, such as a fresh garden tomato, a jalapeno or serrano pepper, cumin, black pepper, or cayenne pepper.
- A white onion could be substituted for the red onion.
- I would not substitute bottled lime juice or dried cilantro. Fresh ingredients are what makes this recipe so amazing!
Serving: 12Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 101mgPotassium: 256mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 78IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg