Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Healthy and delicious, this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is packed full of fresh carrots, turnip, cabbage, onion, and celery. It's easy to make and is vegan and gluten-free.
- 1/2 small head Cabbage chopped
- 1 small Yellow Turnip (rutabaga) chopped
- 4 medium Carrots sliced
- 4 stalks Celery sliced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup White Wine dry
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Thyme dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
Set your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Once heated up, add the olive oil and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until soft.
Add the wine and scrape any brown bits off of the bottom. This will add some great flavor!
Add the vegetables, broth, and spices. Stir to combine.
Lock the lid into place and seal the vent. Set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
Place the quick release button into the vent position, and let all of the steam escape. Once the float valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
Remove the bay leaf. Ladle soup into bowls, and enjoy!
- Adding white wine to the soup adds another level of flavor!
- If you would like to substitute fresh thyme, double the amount to 2 teaspoons.
- I used a vegetable broth with 600mg of sodium per cup. If you are using one that is higher in sodium, you could omit any additional salt.
Serving: 12.Calories: 55kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 559mgPotassium: 249mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 5748IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg