Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lime Vinegrette
A light and refreshing summer salad with goat cheese and pinenuts
- 1 10oz pkg Baby Spinach fresh
- 1 quart Strawberries fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces pine nuts about 1/2 cup
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lime about 3 Tbsp juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
Heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Add the pine nuts and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer pine nuts onto a paper towel and let cool.
Place spinach into a medium bowl or onto serving plates. Top with strawberries, goat cheese, and pine nuts.
- I prefer to use a mild flavored olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil tends to over power the taste of the lime juice.
- Add the dressing just prior to serving to keep the spinach fresh.
Serving: 4.Calories: 376kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 9gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 254mgPotassium: 464mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 345IUVitamin C: 144mgCalcium: 83mgIron: 3mg