Pumpkin Sage Hummus with Roasted Pepitas
This savory pumpkin sage hummus is smooth, creamy, and delicious! Topped with roasted pepitas, it is the perfect healthy fall snack.
- 1 cup Pepitas raw pumpkin seeds without shells
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
Pumpkin Sage Hummus
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 1 15 ounce can Pumpkin
- ¼ cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 11 Sage Leaves fresh
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- pinch Cayenne Pepper optional
- sprinkle Paprika
Sage Infused Oil
Add ¼ cup oil and 8 sage leaves to a small saucepan and place over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, let cool, and then discard the leaves.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the pepitas, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until brown. Set aside.
Pumpkin Sage Hummus
Place the chickpeas in a small bowl of water and gentry rub them between your fingers to remove the skins.
Place the chickpeas in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds on high.
Place the chickpeas, pumpkin, 3 tablespoons of the sage infused oil, tahini, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt into a food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
Place into a bowl and garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon sage infused olive oil, some roasted pepitas and a sprinkling of paprika for color.
Finely mince the remaining 3 sage leaves and add for additional garnish.
- Removing the skins from the chickpeas is not necessary, but will give you a smoother consistency.
- Heating up the chickpeas will help them to blend better.
- Hummus can be used as a dip for crackers and raw vegetables, or as a spread on your favorite sandwich or wrap.
Serving: 14Calories: 98kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 127mgPotassium: 114mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 705IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 1mg