Healthy S'mores Cookies
You don't need a campfire to enjoy these healthy s'mores cookies, which are rolled in graham cracker crumbs and topped with melty chocolate and toasted marshmallows - YUM!
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¾ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs divided
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed, Ground optional
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Hearts optional
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ cup Tahini may substitute nut butter
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chunks
- ½ cup Miniature Marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ¼ cup of the graham cracker crumbs, flaxseed, hemp hearts, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine tahini, honey, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
Form the dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
Place them on the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie to ¼ inch thick with a spatula and top with chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
Bake for 7 minutes on middle rack, then broil on high for 1 minute to toast the marshmallows.
- Flaxseed and hemp hearts are optional, but will give the cookies a nutritional boost. You can purchase a flax-hemp mix and avoid having to buy them separately.
- You could substitute your favorite nut butter for the tahini, if desired.
- Use gluten-free graham crackers, if you need to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Cookies can be stored for up to 7 days in an airtight container.
Serving: 16.Sodium: 92mgCalcium: 28mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 8IUSugar: 9gFiber: 1gPotassium: 55mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 136kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 8gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 14gIron: 1mg