Healthy S'mores Cookies
You don't need a campfire to enjoy these healthy s'mores cookies, which are rolled in graham cracker crumbs and topped with melty chocolate and toasted marshmallows - YUM!
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs divided
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed, Ground optional
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Hearts optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Tahini may substitute nut butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup Miniature Marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, 1/4 cup of the graham cracker crumbs, flaxseed, hemp hearts, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine tahini, honey, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
Form the dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
Place them on the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie to 1/4 inch thick with a spatula and top with chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
Bake for 7 minutes on middle rack, then broil on high for 1 minute to toast the marshmallows.
- Flaxseed and hemp hearts are optional, but will give the cookies a nutritional boost. You can purchase a flax-hemp mix and avoid having to buy them separately.
- You could substitute your favorite nut butter for the tahini, if desired.
- Use gluten-free graham crackers, if you need to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Cookies can be stored for up to 7 days in an airtight container.
Serving: 16.Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 92mgPotassium: 55mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg