Fiddleheads - a Delicious, Spring Delicacy
Fiddleheads are a delicious, spring delicacy with a sweet, earthy flavor.
- 1 pound Fiddleheads
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
Rinse them well and trim off the ends.
Place them in a large skillet and cover with water.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Place them in a colander and drain.
Add the fiddleheads, oil, salt, and pepper to the skillet and saute for about 5 minutes.
There are many ways to add some spectacular flavor to fiddleheads, while sauteing.
Consider adding one or more of the following:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- a dash of red pepper flakes
Serving: 4.Calories: 101kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 147mgPotassium: 420mgVitamin A: 4102IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg