Fiesta Corn and Avocado Salad
This Fiesta Corn and Avocado Salad is a vibrantly colored, healthy summer recipe that is perfect for picnics, potlucks, and parties!
- 2 cups Corn 2-3 ears cooked and removed from the cob
- 2-3 Avocados diced
- 15 ounce can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large Tomato diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- If fresh corn is not in season, I recommend substituting shoepeg corn (frozen and thawed)).
- Make sure your avocados are not too ripe!
- Place the avocados in the refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to cutting for easier handling.
- If you do not want your salad to be spicy, you may omit the jalapeno and cayenne pepper and substitute scallions for the red onion.
- If you want to spice things up, you may add the jalapeno seeds to the salad and increase the cayenne pepper to 1/4 teaspoon.
- This salad should be consumed within 8 hours of making, as the avocados will brown.
- Serve this recipe as a side dish, as a dip with tortilla chips, rolled up in a wrap, or alongside eggs for breakfast.
Serving: 16.Calories: 114kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 4gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 39mgPotassium: 293mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 195IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg