Cavatappi Alfredo with Broccoli & Chicken
Who needs to go to an Italian restaurant when you can make your own delicious pasta right at home in just 20 minutes? This Cavatappi Alfredo with Broccoli & Chicken is creamy, cheesy, and easy to make!
- 12 oz Cavatappi
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets cooked
- 1 cup Chicken cooked
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Milk low fat
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the cavatappi according to package instructions.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the flour.
Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and then the milk, allowing it to thicken.
Stir in the spices and cheese, until melted.
Toss together the cavatappi, broccoli, chicken, and Alfredo sauce.
Garnish with more parmesan cheese and/or parsley, as desired.
- I used 1% milk when I made this recipe, however any other type of milk may be substituted. Just avoid the heavy cream!
- Grating a block of cheese yourself vs. purchasing pre-grated cheese will provide more flavor and melt easier!
- This recipe makes just enough Alfredo sauce to perfectly coat your pasta. If you prefer a more saucy dish, consider decreasing the pasta to 8 ounces.
Serving: 6.Calories: 330kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 17gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 541mgPotassium: 298mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 328IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 267mgIron: 1mg