Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping
These Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Blueberry Topping are made with a ginger cookie crust, a smooth & creamy lemon cheesecake filling, and are topped with a homemade blueberry sauce.
- 2 cups Blueberries frozen
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Reduced Fat softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar for cheesecake filling
- 2 Tbsp Sugar for blueberry topping
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice divided
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 18 Triple Ginger Cookie Thins Trader Joe's
Add frozen blueberries to a colander and rinse with cold water. Place them into a saucepan with water, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 2 Tbsp of the lemon juice.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place the sauce in a bowl and as it cools it will thicken.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
Mix in 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
Beat in the eggs one at a time just until combined.
Add 18 paper-lined foil cups into muffin pans and add a cookie into each one.
Divide the cheesecake filling evenly over the cookies.
Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Top with blueberry sauce.
Chill for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- I find that Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Cookie Thins make a PERFECT crust for these cheesecakes, but you can substitute vanilla wafer cookies if preferred.
- To soften your cream cheese, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or microwave on high for 10-20 seconds.
- Let eggs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or place into a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. This will result in a creamier cheesecake!
- Fresh blueberries may be substituted for frozen.
Serving: 18.Calories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 3gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 135mgPotassium: 98mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 174IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg