This avocado sauce recipe is made with fresh ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to prepare! It is creamy, delicious, and perfect to serve with your favorite Mexican food!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of guacamole but sometimes I like to mix things up and make avocado sauce. It has a super smooth texture and is great for dipping tortilla chips or fresh vegetables!
Ingredients you will need
Avocados are rich in healthy fat and fiber and 2 are used for this recipe.
Sour Cream – 1/2 cup of low fat sour cream is used for this recipe. You could even substitute plain Greek yogurt if you like.
Cilantro – A staple in Mexican cuisine, 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro is going to add some amazing flavor!
Lime – Freshly squeezed is a must! Do not use bottled lime juice.
Garlic Powder – 1/4 teaspoon is used for some added spice.
Be sure to pick ripe avocados
Fresh ingredients make this recipe amazing, so avoid those soft and mushy avocados! Look for ones that are firm but have a slight give to them. Also choose ones with the stem still attached. If the stem is missing, the avocado will likely have brown spots on the inside.
How to make Avocado Sauce
Making avocado sauce is as simple as adding all of your ingredients to a food processor and mixing until smooth (about 1 minute)!
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it. I love to hear from my readers!
Simple 5-Ingredient Avocado Sauce
- Food Processor
- 2 Ripe Avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream low fat
- 1/3 cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Fresh ingredients make this recipe amazing, so be sure you are using fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Be sure your avocados are ripe, but not overripe. Look for ones that are firm but have a slight give to them. Also choose ones with the stem still attached. If the stem is missing, the avocado will likely have brown spots on the inside.